Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On A Train Platform, June 18

I didn't bring any music to travel by, but it runs through me anyway. This makes more space for all that comes in now. What do you notice when you're sitting on a train platform for an hour? I watch the birds swooping in chase above the tracks and under an overpass. Watch someone walking away down the tracks in a tattered coat. Look around to see if I can identify any of the plants nearby. Feel the breeze cool on my skin, then chill as the sun ducks in and out of cloud cover. See the air vibrate over the gravel beneath the tracks as the heat rises off it.

I am contemplating what form creation may take through me. How to loosen up the flow? I know it to be present; it transforms and sustains me each moment that I breathe and move through this world. I have witnessed myself consciously directing the flow of this energy to help shape reality and connect with other beings. How to manifest in the physical realms? Allow space for experimentation. Get it out and play with it. It has to feel like play simultaneously with being work. If I am doing what I am truly called to do, the universe will align itself around me to take care of me.

Sometimes we are given more than we can handle. To bear the psychic burden of being open enough to hear the labored groans of this wounded world is a heavy load to carry. So we listen and we also cleanse ourselves and sit silently and sometimes joyfully and sometimes broken open at our altars, and we ask what we need out of this bargain... A home, circles of community, a warm, dry place to sleep, food to sustain me, water I can drink, scavenged and reclaimed resources out of which to craft and create, the means to move about and connect more deeply, the senses and ingenuity to continue to inhabit this place in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment