Monday, October 11, 2010

When writing feels more urgent than eating

I've been thinking a lot about presence. I've been noticing how I'm changing as I get older, that how I'm interested in connecting has shifted. I am much more interested in quality and depth of relationships. It all comes back to that ability to be present and participate in one's life, not just getting a list of things done, but actually living in the moment as it's happening from time to time. This is the intention.

I've been missing this lately. Part of moving away from my support network. I've been missing it in my sex. The deep ache in my body that reaches out for another warm, moving, living in their flesh and their heart and this world. But this gulf in me of missing is about seeking that presence of multiple levels.

If we are to come together to push hard into each other, to feel the expanse of skin on skin creating friction that builds, to find crevices and bones to wrap our hands around and cling to, sing to, speak to...then you need to be here. This experience of passion and tension cannot be one way. I can create that for myself; this desire is for the sharing, the magnetic, incomprehensible force that blurs the lines between yours and mine, meeting in the in-between by choice. To see what we can craft with all these bountiful resources of imagination, primed, ready, waiting to pounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment